Bacon Spinach Carbonara2020-09-27
One of my favorite comfort foods is Carbonara. I especially love to eat it on a cold rainy day. It really warms me up inside and taste so dang good! This spinach carbonara recipe requires very few ingredients and takes no time to whip together. You might have to double the recipe if you’re cooking for 3 or more. I guarantee you, -it’s worth second helpings.
- 8 ounces sliced bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 large egg yolks
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make it:
- In a large stock pot of boiling water, cook spaghetti until al dente. It should take approximately 2 minutes before the pasta is finished cooking. Reserve 1/2 water from the pasta, set aside and finish draining the pasta. Pour pasta back into pot, along with the reserved water. Toss in the spinach, then cover the pot with a lid so that it will steam and the spinach will wilt.
- Begin cooking the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet until medium brown. Transfer the cooked bacon to paper towels, to drain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks, and use 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Pour the egg sauce over the spaghetti and use tongs to turn and coat all the spaghetti. Add the reserved bacon and continue tossing pasta over the egg mixture until all the cheese melts. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle a little extra cheese over the pasta before serving.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe