Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry2020-04-29
Broccoli Beef originates from a Chinese dish called _Gai Lan Chao Niu Rou_ (I don’t know how to write that in Chinese) Chinese cuisine is widely seen as representing one of the richest and most diverse culinary heritages in the world. I bet everyone could name a favorite Chinese food. Here’s one of mine! Enjoy this easy beef and broccoli stir-fry.
- 1 pound Angus beef for stir fry (you can also use stew meat) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 broccoli crowns (fresh), use the broccoli florets only
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1/3 cup less sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) -use zester!
How to make it:
- Cook meat in vegetable oil until brown, cover with garlic powder and pepper. Add onion, cook until translucent.
- Now add the broccoli florets to the meat to steam on low heat.
- In a small Mason jar or container with lid, mix together soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, water, corn starch, brown sugar and grated ginger. Cover with lid and shake until all ingredients are mixed together and the corn starch dissolves completely.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the meat and broccoli. Simmer approximately 20 minutes. Eat & Enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe