Grilled Lemon and Lime Herb Shrimp Kabobs2018-07-01
Seafood on a stick? Say it isn’t so! No, you’re not at the state fair! Adding healthy veggies or fruit (like pineapple) -to this seafood kabob is the best grilling!
- 1/2 cup lemon and lime juice (combined)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 to 14 large shrimp (cleaned, deveined and without their shell)
- 1 red onion, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large zucchini squash, (about 1 inch in diameter, cut into 1-inch slices)
- 1 large yellow squash , (about 1 inch in diameter, cut into 1-inch slices)
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes
How to make it:
- Mix lemon and lime juice, oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Marinade shrimp for approximately 2-3 hours before preparing kabobs.
- Heat coals, gas grill or hibachi indoor grill.
- Thread shrimp, red onion, squash and tomatoes on skewers. If you have metal skewers, you can spray non-stick cooking spray on the metal. If you use wooden skewers, you will need to follow package directions and soak in water for 1 hour before using.
- Use remaining marinade over the veggies too. Adding more a little more salt & pepper -if desired. Grill uncovered 4 inches from medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side. Be careful to not leave too long, the shrimp will turn pink and firm when cooked thoroughly. The veggies will be caramelized a little too on both sides.
- Yield is approximately 6-7 skewers.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe