Ginger-Infused Carrots, Kale & Mushroom Saute’2018-09-19
This kale recipe is so simple -it takes just a few minutes to prepare, cooks quickly, and it’s bold colors make it an attractive side dish at any meal. If you’re a fan of ginger, you can even grate some fresh ginger straight into the pot while it’s cooking. That will take your ginger infusion up a notch and give you a fresh taste.
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced slanted
- 1 cup vegetable stock (divided)
- 1/2 pound kale, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
How to make it:
- In a large stock pot, over medium-high heat -add carrots, 1/2 cup vegetable stock, ginger, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add mushrooms, minced garlic and onion. Pile the kale on top, drizzle with olive oil and 1/2 cup vegetable stock. Cook another 10 minutes or so, until the kale is completely wilted and a bold dark green color.
- Serve as a side dish. Makes enough for 3-4 people with 1 helping.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe