Salmon & Fire Roasted Sweet Pepper Pasta2018-10-23
You’ll enjoy this delicious baked salmon with fire roasted yellow and red pepper sauce ladled over angel hair pasta. Low in calories and very tasty.
- 2 (4-5 ounce) fillets fresh salmon
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup roasted yellow & red peppers
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Arrowroot Starch
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In an 8 inch baking dish, arrange fillets in a single layer. Sprinkle with fresh olive oil, lemon juice, lightly salt and pepper. Tightly cover dish with foil. Cook until fish is opaque, but still moist in the thickest part -approximately 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a blender combine chicken stock, red peppers, Parmesan cheese, jalapeno peppers, cilantro and garlic. Whirl to blend thoroughly. Pour mixture into a medium skillet and stir over medium heat until bubbly. When sauce starts to bubble, ladle out 3-4 tablespoons of into a small bowl. Add Arrowroot starch, whisk with a fork and add back into the skillet.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until tender to bite. Drain and return to pan.
- Spoon pasta onto plates, add some sauce. Add salmon over pasta and drizzle with more sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serves 2.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe