Sweet and Spicy Citrus Orange Roughy2019-03-14
Orange roughy is a very versatile white fish, and this simple citrus marinade is an excellent complement to its mild flavor… Orange roughy fillets with a citrus twist. Very quick to prepare. It’s great with green beans or asparagus with olive oil and fresh lemon zest.
- 2 – 4 (6 -ounce) orange roughy fillets
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice or the juice from one orange (squeezed)
- 1 fresh lime (juice squeezed)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of red pepper flakes
How to make it
- Turn the broiler of your oven on high.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine orange juice, lime juice, brown sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, salt, pepper, Cayenne pepper, chopped garlic cloves and paprika. Mix with a fork and set aside.
- In a large container, assemble fish and pour the marinade over the fish and set timer for 15 minutes. Let fish sit in the spicy marinade, occasionally take a spoon and soup the liquid over the fish. Do not turn the fish over, it’s so delicate -that it might break in half.
- Arrange fish in a single layer shallow roasting pan -that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Let it roast under the broiler for 9 or 10 minutes. Checking half-way through. It should be ready to take out of the oven, I usually turn the broiler on low heat and cook another 2-3 minutes.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe