Southwestern Flat Iron Steak2018-11-27
Southwestern Flat Iron Steak is marinated for 2 to 5 hours -and it will melt in your mouth with spicy flavor. It’s cooked on medium high heat and it only takes about 6 minutes to get a medium rare temperature. I serve this with my homemade Pico De Gallo and other Mexican side dishes.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 limes (fresh lime juice)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil or Olive oil
- 1 -2 lbs. Beef Flat Iron Steak (Grass-fed)
- 1 gallon zip lock storage bag
How to make it:
- Pour all the spices and brown sugar into a bowl, mix together well.
- Pat all the spices over both sides of the steak. Put the steak inside zip lock bag. Squeeze lime juice over the steak. Add the oil.
- Seal the bag and marinade for 2-5 hours. When ready to cook, put on a hot skillet, indoor grill or outdoor grill. Cook approximately 5-6 minutes. If you prefer rare, then cook 4-5 minutes. I cook the steak about 5-6 minutes -2 1/2 minutes per side over high heat.
- Serve with Pico De Gallo, guacamole or hot sauce.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe