Hatch Green Chile Rice Casserole2018-05-30
Around the end of the summer, we have a plethora of hatch chilis available here in Texas. Hatch chili’s are “in season” -so I have learned to make some yummy dishes with those chilis. This side dish is perfect, I have taken it to parties and it vanishes quickly.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Hatch green chilies -seeded, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups water, salted
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
How to make it:
- Cook rice as package directions indicate. Mix sour cream, chilies, onion, cumin, garlic, salt & pepper in a large bowl. Add cooked rice and mix.
- Pour into 2 quart casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe