This is one super delicious and unique recipe! Nothing else like it out there… If you love hamburgers -then you will love this recipe! Origination, my home town “Amarillo, TX” eating with neighbors and a former fiancé.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Grass-fed hamburger meat
- 1/2 cup your favorite chunky salsa
- 1 quart bag full of Nacho cheese tortilla chips (crushed to tiny pieces)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Shiner Bock beer
- package of Brioche buns
- add burger sides: butter lettuce, Heirloom tomatoes, hamburger dill pickles, mayo, mustard, cheese of your choice
How to make it:
- Dump the hamburger meat into a large bowl, add your favorite salsa, egg, salt and pepper. Mix all together with your hands in the bowl. Add Shiner Bock beer and then add the nacho cheese tortilla chips
- Assemble the burger balls into 4-6 similar sized balls and put on top of wax paper. When you have all the balls of meat on the wax paper, tear another large sheet of the wax paper off and put on top of the burger balls. Then press into nicely sized patties that equal size of the hamburger bun. Cut squares around the two sheets of wax paper and hamburger patty. Now you can carry these packages to grill where they are ready to go. Freeze any extra patties this way, into freezer safe plastic bags.
- Grill each patty over medium heat for approximately 4-7 minutes on each side. Medium well you can grill approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Once the patties are close to coming off the grill, lay cheese on top of them so it will melt.
- Brush the brioche buns with melted butter, put on top rack of grill to toast or on far side of grill.
- Once you remove burger from grill, lay on top of hamburger bun. Assemble the condiments you prefer on your hamburger. I add my Beer Braised Onions to this recipe, it’s outstanding!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe