Sausage, Mushroom & Spinach Soup2018-06-11
You know, I love to add this recipe to my website because it is so good! I love, love, love it bunches! I bet you will love it too. Cook this tonight!
Sausage, Mushroom & Spinach Soup
Strands of spaghetti form a web in the broth with Italian sausage, mushrooms and fresh spinach. Red-pepper flakes give the soup it’s spiciness. Worcestershire sauce gives it a delicious savory flavor. By adding hot Italian sausage, you can kick up the spicy level to another notch.
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage (ground)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound mushrooms (baby Bellas or white or a mix) sliced
- 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 heaping teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 8 oz spaghetti (1/2 box of 16 oz box)
- 1/8 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
Optional: 3 shredded cheese blend (Parmesan, Romano and Asiago cheeses)
How to make it:
- In a large pot, brown Italian sausage. Add 2 tablespoon olive oil, chopped onion and garlic, cook until onions are transparent.
- Stir in chicken stock, whisk corn starch into 1 cup hot water -add to pot. Add thyme, red- pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, spinach and 2 tablespoon parsley to the pot. Boil on med-high heat approximately 10-15 minutes. Then add spaghetti noodles. Simmer approximately 4 more minutes until noodles are tender. Add remaining 2 tablespoon of parsley.
- Serve with shredded cheese blend (entirely optional).
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe