Shrimp and White Bean Saute’2020-04-29
Are you looking for a quick and low-fat shrimp dinner? I think this one fits the bill! On busy nights, I can whip up this recipe in about 20 minutes flat. It’s delicious and only 240 calories per serving.
- 1 fennel bulb, diced up in small pieces -safe fronds.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peel and deveined
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) can cannellini or navy beans, drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4-6 cups fresh spinach (chopped) or 2 cups frozen spinach, (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
How to make it:
- Trim fronds from fennel stalks. Finely chop fronds to measure 1 tablespoon; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 2 Tablespoons of the oil over medium heat -add fennel and beans, cook 2-3 minutes. Then add spinach. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add shrimp and garlic; cook 3 minutes -covered until shrimp are opaque. Stir in remaining oil and vinegar and remove from heat completely.
- Serve warm and try with a good Sauvignon Blanc wine.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe