Chicken Piccata with Lemon, Capers and Artichoke Hearts2018-05-14
I absolutely love Italian food! This is one of my favorite recipes! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine*
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 16 ounce box of Angel Hair pasta
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
Note: * I use Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc wine from New Zealand
How to make it:
- Place chicken in zip-top plastic bags and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/4 -inch thick. Remove chicken from bag and season all over with salt & pepper, garlic powder and paprika. In shallow dish, add flour and chicken to coat. Shake off excess flour, so that each breast is lighted dusted on each side.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and chicken -then sauté 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, wine and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens. Add artichoke hearts and capers. Simmer 1 minute to heat through.
- Cook angel hair pasta -according to package directions. Serve the chicken and sauce over the pasta.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe