Crockpot Porkchops with Hatch Chili Sauce2019-09-08
Oh how I love to use my crockpot! The time has come to pull it out and make some delicious food for the fall season. Here’s one easy recipe to show case the hatch green chilis with pork. This is how we do it!
- 2 large bone-in pork chops (1 1/2 inch thick)
- 5 red potatoes (skin on)
- 1 cup of hatch green chili salsa (mild or medium -your preference)
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion -diced up
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional -if you prefer spicy)
How to make it:
- Take the crockpot and add the 2 Tablespoons of canola oil, pour the diced onions and potatoes inside. Simmer on high or sauté -if your pot has that setting. Once onions are translucent and potatoes are slightly browned, add the chicken stock and salsa.
- Sprinkle each porkchop with garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper on each side.
- Set the porkchops on the potatoes and onions in the crockpot. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes.
- Turn the crockpot to low or setup the timer for 4 hours. Throughout the cooking process, turn over the porkchops and stir the potatoes around.
- About 3 hours into the cooking process, take the porkchops out and cut the meat off the bones. Add pork back into the sauce and continue cooking. Serves 3-4 people
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe