Pineapple and Jicama Salad in a Cilantro Vinaigrette2018-05-24
This delicious sweet and tangy salad taste great on it’s own. However you can also add cooked or grilled shrimp. The marinade is somewhat like a ceviche salad dressing.
- 1 jalapeno pepper -seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (one small lime)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 fresh pineapple -peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
- 1 avocado -peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into small chunks
- baby spinach or spring mix
How to make it:
- Whisk together the jalapeno pepper, lime juice, rice vinegar, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continually whisking. Add pineapple and jicama; toss to coat. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place baby spinach or spring mix in a large salad bowl; scatter the diced avocado over the lettuce. Top the marinated pineapple and jacama on the bed of lettuce. Serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe